Re: [MV] Turbo boost on a M54? Anyone know the specs?

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 12 2002 - 08:38:00 PDT

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your comments!

All I'm saying is that the wastegate limits the boost by bypassing the
exhaust gases at a certain boost level. Using "heat" as a term for limiting
the output of the engine may not have been the best choice of words, but the
temperature is a good way to monitor engine performance.

The wastegate may protect the turbo in the process, but the main purpose is
to limit the boost to the engine.

Do you agree that a wastegate that is stuck open will limit the boost to a
point that the turbo may not spinn at all?

Regards,
Bjorn