Re: [MV] M35 Trailer Capacity

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Sat Oct 12 2002 - 18:40:29 PDT

Hey guys, I'll be pulling my 9 ton trailer with my M35 all this week. I
will be hauling a bobcat and a small track-hoe at one time. I tested out my
24 volt to 12 volt lights yesterday. They seem to work. I plan to get the
electric brakes working sometime Monday.

I am curious Joe, did you use the "factory" hitch when you pulled the
back-hoe? I made a bracket and dropped my hitch and installed one with a
narrower throat, so my smaller trailers would hook up as well. I just wish
my big trailer had air brakes. Anybody out there have a 9 ton or larger
trailer with air brakes that would like one with electric brakes?

Also I "beefed up" the bracket I made. I would pull the truck in half
before I had a problem with it. It's allot better made than most of the
one's the truck shops in my area make for the trucks they sell. Maybe
that's why I have to weld up cracks on them every 6 months. In my OPINION
the factory hitch on the deuce is the strongest link the towing chain. The
truck brakes and suspension are very inferior to that monster hitch. Being
mounted in the frame like it is removes any desire to rotate. That's what
breaks most of the hitches I have to repair, they're dropped below the
frame. They rate the deuce hitch at 5 tons, but is as big and heavy as a 20
ton civilian hitch. At least the one on my truck was.

Joe Trapp
www.joetrapp.com