Re: [MV] WTB trailer for deuce

From: Ronzo (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Sun Oct 13 2002 - 10:29:49 PDT

    Pat, just send your request to your state procurement officer. If it's
for real, official use they just freeze one from DRMS before GL gets there
paws on it. Cripes, a state as big as Texas must have surplus DoD equipment
scattered all over in state and local DPW yards rusting away.... State
Surplus agents are like Magpies when it comes to grabbing large amounts of
DoD surplus that rarely get used. If your duties are official there is no
need to buy your toys.
    I have run across several (3) firemen here in the northeast who drive
MV's to rallies and aren't bright enough not to brag that they don't own
their restored MVs, but their FD chief froze them and signed them over to
them to 'maintain' for the FD, complete with OD paint and unit markings.They
explain it is 'theirs' for as long as they want it. Has a tendency to frost
my arse a bit, especially when they say this is the second deuce they got
cause they had a bad engine in the first one and they turned it back in for
'this' one.....