Re: [MV] M35 axle leaking again!

From: Amnon (amnon@deltaforce.net)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 07:23:42 PDT

> The leak became evident (by seeing the inside of the wheel get
wetted) during the last 80 miles. It was dry before I left the
farm. I noticed the leak the next day when it was light outside.

The same happen with mine Patrick. It turned out that the Deuce
with 5000 miles on it, had an axle that formed a depression where
the seal touches it. Someone here on the list told me to NOT push
the seal all the way into the carrier, so that it is rubbing
against virgin territory. So far so good, it has been a year,
probably around 1500 miles or so. I also installed the lockout
hubs so this may help since the axle is not spinning under normal
driving.

Shalom Ya'll
Amnon Nissan

Deltaforce