Re: [MV] deuce tire size/gear ratio math help needed.

From: Mark J. Blair (ke6myk_mvlist@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 17:17:44 PDT

ddoyle9570@aol.com wrote:

> Hey fellas,
> I have been up for 14 hours, after 4.5 hours sleep...so the brain is fogged.
> I can't find the circumfrance of an 1100-20 tire at the moment, and am contemplating a little cusomization of my latest project deuce. I would like to project the speed possible with the following specs.

I once wrote a perl script to plot speed vs. RPM for my deuce in each gear,
using gnuplot to produce output. It may be easily modified for different gear
ratios, tire diameters, etc. if you're familiar with perl.

If you don't know what "perl" and "gnuplot" mean, you might as well just move
on to the next message.

If you're still here, the following links lead to the script and sample output
in PDF format:

http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/tmp/M44speed.pl
http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/tmp/M44speed.pdf

--