Re: [MV] Help - can't find a part for my M1009!

From: Nathan Wilkens (nathan.wilkens@asu.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 12:08:18 PDT

OK guyes, lots of good info....

I'm limited in using a longer piece of braided fuel line, since there is
very little room between the frame, the fuel pump, and the exhause manifold
(I'd rather not try a real-world temperature stress test braided fuel
lines).

Also, I have the long term plan on eliminating the mechanical fuel pump with
an electric push pump (it will really save a lot of air-leak headaches), but
I need to get the truck running ASAP, and I'd really love to fix the job
correctly (with the correct part).

Incidentally, I was very shocked to find that the braided fuel line had
cracked open internally (after noticing a soft spot in the fuel line, I
shined a flashlight down the hose and I can see the tear - is this normal
for a braided fuel line to fail like this?).
Thanks,
Nathan