Re: [MV] Weird Plate

From: Ronzo (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 13:38:34 PDT

"high mortality" parts were (supposition here) parts that were known to fail
in normal, regular long term use, i.e.. spark plugs, filters, mufflers,
carburetors, points and the like, that would normally be used or kept on
hand (Basic Issue Items...BII ) on the small unit level or would be on
items of like construction (air compressors, generators or small motored
items). So if you had an item that just had to run, like a generator, you
could steal parts from a non mission critical item, like a compressor. 'Low
mortality' parts would be things like flywheels, short blocks, cylinders and
crank shafts. Kind of like stocked on hand part vs. long term lead or back
order parts.

    High Mort parts on an M35 would be filters, belts, hoses, tires, lamps,
windshield glass, canvas items, winch shear pins and wire rope and wipers.
Low mort would be things like the frame, doors, body parts, engine blocks,
winch drive shafts and axle housings.
    That make sense?

Ronzo