Re: [MV] AOL vs Hotmail

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 18:25:09 PDT

Hotmail runs in a very thrifty manner. There is more emphasis on advertising, etc, as that is how they make their money. They also collect others' e-mail addresses from your e-mail and sell the lists
to spammers, although they will vehemently deny it.

AOL, on the other hand, instead of making money through spam, just tries to make you look at alot of ads, and charges you for the internet service. You get better performance since you are paying.