Re: [MV] AOL vs Hotmail

From: Edwin M. Dyer, III (sturmtiger1944@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 21:37:09 PDT

Bjorn:

I use AOL and Hotmail as well. However, I run 95% of
my mailing lists to Yahoo addresses. I have one
mailing list on Hotmail, a local, state one and I get
my posts from it within a minute of posting.

Yahoo, from time to time, has bounced e-mail without
me knowing ( I get a daemon which tells me so and I
need to reset my bounce flag ) and posts do lag to the
point I get replies before the original post.

I keep my AOL account unlisted as much as possible,
using it only for personal e-mails. Hotmail is my spam
dumping ground! I do have one mailing list on AOL,
though, but it is pretty swift with posts.

- Ed