M35 W active compensator

From: Robert J.Wilson (specwar@piace.com)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 23:09:14 PDT

I have been running the last year with the fuel density compensator
bypassed on my deuce. I was recently offered 350 gallons of Jet A that a
local business wanted to get out of a tank they needed to reprocess for
AV Gas, nothing wrong with the Jet A so I decided to take them up on the
offer and reactivate my compensator(which I had never used) Now I notice
that my acceleration is sluggish but the top end and idle remain the
same, is this unusual? could bypassing the compensator actually have
been feeding too much fuel to the motor? I have a Continental LDT-465-1C
motor installed.
Thanks,
Ronert J. Wilson
M35A2C