Sarge needs M35 tires + N Carolina contacts

From: micdunn (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 21:15:00 PDT

Howdy list!
I am looking for 10 each M35 tires. I would like brand new NDCC's, but I
will be happy with 10 with very good tread. If I can get them already
mounted on rims, great.
I will be making an M35 camping trip (living in the back) in November
through Texas, Arkansas, Tennesee, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina,
Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and back to Texas.
If you know anybody who sells M35 tires on this route, please e-mail me.
I am taking the deuce to Raleigh NC, to pick up an M-105. It's about a 3,000
mile round trip, which should be pretty easy compared to my 4,000 mile
desert jaunt to northern California in the spring. This time I will take
photo's and post them on the web.
It should be pretty interesting because I just turned the licence plates
back in to the Texas DOT and painted the military registration numbers (flat
black) on the front and rear. How many times will I be stopped? I always
visit military bases when I go camping (showers and very cheap lodging), I
wonder what the MP's on the gates will say?
The registration numbers are totally legal, I have all the paperwork to
prove it, however I will have to take part in a parade or similar event in
NC when I get there. Anything going on around thanksgiving?
- Iron Butt Sarge