M35 intercom ideas

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 14:08:40 PDT

I'm polling the list with this idea to see if its feasable. I have no idea on
how to do it but here's what I want to accomplish. I want to put a stereo and
an intercom system in my deuce. I want to set it up with headphones and boom
mics. Is it possible to do like the motorcycles riders do and have it with a
PTT button so that it interrupts the stereo when the 2 occupants need to
talk? I want to install the shebang in a SAW ammo can that can be easily
removed. I'm aware of the voltage difference I'm just not sure if an intercom
system is available and if it is, can it be set up with the stereo and boom
mics. Any of you commo guys or electronic gurus have any ideas?
Thanks!

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL U.S.A.
AM General M-35A2 w/w