BLOWED UP SIR

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 16:27:22 PDT

Oh woe is me, woe is me. I just blew the head gasket out of my deuce. Big
cloud of steam. Big mess. Big tow truck. Big tow bill.

I guess I will be putting a head gasket on my truck now. Is this something
that just happens sometimes? My concern is that this happened about 8 hours
(3 weeks) after I "turned up" the engine. I have smelled coolant for a week
now, but didn't see any leak. I actually have the piece of gasket that blew
out. It blew at the back of the motor.

Here's the request for advice. Could this be a direct result of the more
power in the engine? Could the added pressure and so forth the greater fuel
use is putting on the engine cause this? If so, when I replace the gasket
is it likely to happen again?

All advise is appreciated. I guess I won't be driving that 5 hours to the
truck show in NC next weekend now.

I know someone on this list was looking for a head gasket recently. Did you
find two?

Joe Trapp