Re: [MV] Beware of attachments from MVTrucker

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 11:51:06 PST

Hi Joe:

        There are hundreds of virus/worms/trojan horses out there which do not
require that you open the attachment in order to be infected. And even
doing the scan with a good antivirus product does not always work: booting
from the antivirus CD if possible, or moving the hard drive to a known
clean system and scanning it from that systems operating system is
occasionally required to find a problem.
        The best advice I've heard is to keep your antivirus definition up to date
twice a week, to do a full system scan once a week, and NEVER NEVER to use
email products from Microsoft. But even with these I still see infections
from time to time.

        Good luck with the putz using your name <g>

                Paul