Re: [MV] Frozen wheel brake

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 16:50:52 PST

Probably the only thing that might work is heat.

Try to apply it evenly all the way around while the wheel is elevated.
Have something in place
of the wheel/tire so you have some leverage to turn it.

Be prepared that it will ruin the inner seal and may ruin the drum. The
shoes
might actually survive.

What may have happened is that thee/a brake shoe return spring has rotted
off
allowing the shoes to expand out to the drum and rust in place to it.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce