Paint removal recommendations-M37 cab

From: Richard Lathrop (lathrrs@snip.net)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 22:26:45 PST

Looking for suggestions on how to strip the paint on my M37 cab, inside and out. I have a couple of concerns given the paint that was originally used on the truck. Does anyone know if the original OD paint contained lead?

If so I was not sure if it would be possible to use non Methyl Chloride based strippers? Anyone used them and had any success?

I know the option is there to load the cab and take it to a sandblaster or chemical dip shop but I have concerns about the chemical stripper gettting into places I will not be able to repaint and starting rust. Sandblasting seems better but would cost more.

Sandblasting at home is possible but then I would need\recommend a forced air system to prevent silicosis.

Looking forward to the heated debate.

Thanks,
Rick