Frozen wheel brake

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 23:26:38 PST

Frozen brakes

had M135 drum that would not come off - I did all the normal things, backed
off on adjustments, unbolted from hub, put penetrating oil, etc, wound up
beating with sledge hammer and it never moved, I had similar problems with
other 5 on truck, this one never moved until I shattered it, WEAR SAFETY
GLASSES, for cast is sort of like glass.

It appeared that this set of shoes had been dragging for there was big lip
on outer edge of drum that would not let it pass over shoes, that and the
shoes being soaked and swollen with brake fluid

By the way what I just related took place over a 4 day period of time.

Everette