WWII hand winch

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 20:51:09 PST

Guys,

I am offering for sale (to this list first) a big hand winch that belongs on
the tongue of a WWII Fruehauf searchlight trailer, presumably used to draw
the searchlight or generator onto the trailer. Has 60-odd years of patina
on it (which I won't charge extra for) and one shaft is slightly bent but
all wheels and gears move freely until one of the big outside hand-wheels
contacts the frame of the winch. This is an awful heavy item but I suppose
there aren't many laying about so perhaps someone will be interested. Is
taking up valuable storage space here in Boerne, Texas, just North of San
Antonio.

Regards,
TJ Smith
MVPA 21162