Re: Charlie's troubles

From: aa1mo@nsradio.org
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 05:55:37 PST

Hello All:

    Just a few thoughts on Charlie, AKA Seacoast Surplus. I was very
active with the old NEMVCC back in the 80's, as was Charlie. So he's been
around and knows the ropes. Needless to say, we were both much younger
then. I last saw him selling in the Byfield, MA indoor flea about 3 years
ago, and got his flyer with his cellphone number. He told me he used a cell
phone which was only turned on weekends when the service was free. I got
the impression that he was an individual who was living underground in and
around the eastern Mass. , southern NH area. No IRS tax filings,
permanent address, etc. Notice he has a hotmail free email address,
easily checked from any computer, including the local library., a friends
rig, etc. No use asking a person like this about much as no answers will
ever be given. I would not be surprised if he's living out of a van, along
with the smaller items he's selling on eBay.

    When last seen, he was looking 50'ish and very heavy. Health (or
alcohol ) problems are a good possibility, BUT, this would not explain his
sudden disappearance. Loss of his storage area for heavier items would be a
better possibility as other problems would make this likely . The monies
sent; needed for daily living expenses and being put towards getting his
merchandise out of whatever storage facility he's using. It might take a
NEXUS search to see of Seacoast Surplus appeared in a newspaper legal notice
for an auction of items from a storage area for non-payment of fees. While
I don't have any ill-will towards him, getting him off eBay would be a
service to all ! Hobbies depend heavily on trust.

Nelson Dionne
Salem, MA