Parts wanted for M1022 shelter dolly

From: Mark J. Blair (ke6myk_mvlist@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 20:20:31 PST

Hi, folks. I'm looking for parts for some M1022 shelter dollies. The M1022 is
a two piece trailer for mobilizing communications shelters which are made to
be handled like ISO standard sea containers. Each half of a dolly set attaches
to an end of the shelter or container, with pins that clamp onto the corner
castings. The dolly set has a hydraulic system for lifting the shelter or
container up off the ground. The mounting system used by the M1022 is, as far
as I know, different from any other type of shelter dolly. The later M1022A1
model is completely different. This is what the shelter dolly looks like, with
the two halves connected together (that is, without a shelter), and missing
the draw bar:

     http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/greentruck/truck3/p06.jpg

I'm primarily looking for the pins which connect the dolly set to the shelter
or container. Here's a link to a picture of the pins:

     http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/miscpics/m1022pins.jpg

Each set needs four of the top pins, and four of the bottom pins. I put a
quarter in the picture for scale. I need pins for at least one dolly, and up
to three (i.e., four to twelve of each type of pin).

I also could use the hollow bolts for attaching the dolly halves together
without a trailer, the trailer draw bars, the casters for moving the uncoupled
dolly halves, and other components. I'd like to get at least one of my three
(cannibalized) shelter dolly sets working, so I can move my storage containers
around on my property. I could probably kludge together a substitute for the
draw bar, since I don't plan to use these on the road at this time, but I
really need those mounting pins.

On the other hand, if anybody can point me to a really good deal on a
complete, working M1022 or M1022A1, maybe I'll just strip off the wheels and
hydraulics from my three sets, and bury the rest out back. :-)

Thanks in advance for any leads!

--
Mark J. Blair, KE6MYK <ke6myk@sbcglobal.net>
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/