Re: [MV] Parts wanted for M1022 shelter dolly

From: micdunn (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 05:10:29 PST

Jim, I have towed M1022's (loaded) for several thousand miles throughout
Europe and the middle east. They ride well and track very nicely behind a
5-ton. Do not tow them with a deuce. Do not attempt to back up more than a
couple of feet, even with a spotter. They will not move until the air
pressure is built up, same as the 900 series 5-tons. Our unit would have to
replace the front tires frequently, because they would 'cup' after several
thousand miles. I have done some really severe off-roading with them, and
even though I tried pretty hard, (40 degree side slope) they will not flip
over. When they are unloaded, they tend to wander at about 50 to 60 mph.
Hope that helps...
-Sarge