Re: [MV] Sort of MV related

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 09:03:54 PST

> For about $300 you could move a large amount of clay with a small
excavator and be done with it.

I was hoping to get this wall in before getting the deuce moving. Now that
it looks like that might not happen I am getting back on making the deuce
stop.. then will try to fire it up.

BTW: a side question arises : This truck has not been started in a couple
of years. When it was towed over the two truck driver reported that the
front ( off the ground ) wheels were turning as he started to move the
vehicle, thus he ended up removing the intermediate prop shaft. With that
movement could I assume the pistons were moved? I'm a little concerned
about trying to start the engine ( I'll have to trace the wires as this
dash looks NOTHING like a regular deuce : I'm not sure how to start it!
<g> ) and having it seize on me. This is a gas REO engine, about 50
years old. Probably rebuilt at least once but who knows?
Any thoughts on whether I should worry? Or just make sure it has oil in
the pan and try to crank it?

Thanks Again

        Paul