Another "TANK" Idea Forwarded

From: Winget, William A CONT JTFCS5G (winget@jfcom.mil)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 07:22:17 PST

My first thought was a gas tank....
But for some reason I can't respond to Mil Veh list posts anymore with AOL
8.0.
If you care to forward the gas tank idea to the list, that would be nice.

I have run into that problem shipping a gas tank UPS in the States. I had to
have it flushed with water so that no smell came out of the box. That meant
the tank was well bagged and taped in plastic as well as having been cleaned
out. I didn't go tot he extent of having the tank Redi-Striped though.

Several welding shops have said they would not do a tank repair unless it
HAD been Redi-stripped (boiled out), due to the explosion possibility when
putting a torch to an enclosed area that they could smell the hint of
petrol...

Cheers,
Jim Renactr2@aol.com