Re: [MV] Bad things in crankcase

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 07:22:03 PST

About all you can do is to drain the oil/gas, put in fresh oil and crank the engine over to get the oil circulating. Then fire it up. You will find out soon enough
if the rod bearings are trashed as it will start to knock. If it hasn't been run long and hard with the oil/gas mixture it is quite possible that all that happened
was that you cleaned out the engine really well with that thin mixture. On the other hand you might have also trashed some bearings. Time will tell.

I would not assume that the engine needs a rebuild because of this. Rods will start knock for a while before they come out the side of the engine. So start it
up and listen carefully.

Dave