Re: [MV] Deuce Brakes ---- split system

From: quiggy (quigstro@netcarrier.com)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 21:49:37 PST

Modern vehicles with disc brakes (prior to ABS ) used what is called a
Dual-diagonal system. It split the system in two. One port controls right
front/left rear. The other left front/right rear. Works pretty good as long
as there isn't a catastrophic master cylinder failure.I suppose you could
retro-fit a dual-port master cylinder to it.You would probably have to put
some sort of restrictor in each line feeding the front brakes to keep from
feeding them equal flow as the rear, or you could just wing it at first to
see if it's okay. Just try it on a empty road with no trees close :^).
Naturally, all anti ambulance chaser/sheister disclaimers apply. Brian