[MV] Inspecting trucks

From: RKubu@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 06:43:22 PST

List,
I was wondering how many of you inspect before you bid. I think that bidders are opting to bid blindly due to the nice pics and descriptions that GL provides. I think these things, along with the open bidding process, encourages people to take chances. I, for one, only bid on things that I personally have inspected, or know about through friends that have inspected the items. I am mentioning this because there is a truck on GL at Camp Lejeune that is over $3000...and it has a bent frame!!! There is no mention of this in the GL description. It is stated in a brief note taped to the windshield. If you did not inspect the truck, you would not have known this. I sure hope that the guy bidding on this truck wants it for parts only. If you are bidding down at Lejeune, and did not inspect, feel free to email me to find out if your truck has a bent frame.

Good luck,
Bruce