FW: TORA, TORA, TORA

From: bolton8@juno.com
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 16:14:37 PST

Mil-Veh Listers, and fellow Veteran's:

                Following is my two cents worth that was dropped in Ms. Hahn's, and
the Chamber of Commerce's tin cup. MVPA 22125
San Pedro Chamber of Commerce:
                Following is a forward I've sent to Councilwoman Janice Hahn concerning
the cancellation of the movie 'Tora, Tora, Tora' this December 7th
because of "the sensitivity issue".
MS. HAHN,
                Once again blatant liberal bias disguised as 'political correctness'
has made a laughing stock out of another California town. Your decision
to prevent the showing of 'Tora, Tora, Tora' so as "not to offend the
Japanese-American community" stands shoulder-to-shoulder with the city of
Berkeley's anti-diversity decision not to hang the American flag in the
public library so as "not to offend certain people".

                Florida Gulf Coast University has ordered that 'Proud To Be American'
signs be removed from campus walls, while a Phoenix Arizona Home Owner's
Association has mandated that American flags cannot be flown in front
yards, so as "not to offend non-Americans". And now we have the Houston
Independent School District requesting that Texas history books "down
play the events of the 1836 Battle of the Alamo so as not to offend our
Hispanic kids".

                These politically correct decrees, are being mandated by the same
liberal's who years ago steadfastly championed that their right to burn
the American flag was a form of free speech that "cannot be restricted no
matter whom it may offend". And now, using that same self-annoited
intellect and wisdom they argue that such forms of free speech "should
be restricted BECAUSE it might offend someone".

                Using this same reasoning Ms. Hahn, did it not occur to you or the town
council that you are being insensitive to the American veteran's who
served in World War II ? Did it occur to the Los Angeles City Council
that they are being insensitive to the soldiers and sailors that gave
their lives on that Day of Infamy ? In no way do I question your
reasoning for "not offending Japanese-American's", in fact I can put you
in contact with a survivor of the Battan Death March who will be more
than interested in hearing you explain “the sensitivity issue ”.

                In closing Ms. Hahn, NEVER FORGET that it was the American servicemen
who died on December 7th and others who died over the next four long
years that gave you the right, not the privilege, but the right to be
politically correct to their sacrifice.

Lance A Bolton
Vietnam: August 1967 -- Tet '68 -- March 1969