M-1009 Question

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 15:42:19 PST

Hello & Happy Holidays to all!

Concerning the 6.2 liter diesel engine in my M-1009 I have a question. Does
anyone know of a plug in type engine heater for the upcoming cold nights?
It went down to 17 degrees here the other night and I had a very hard time
cranking my truck the next morning.

I don't know if the military had a mod for this or not as I've looked all
over and can't find any reference to one. I hoping that someone on the list
has some experience with where to find a kit if there is one and how to
install it.

Thanks in advance,

Ed