Re: [MV] M-1009 Question

From: Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com)
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 16:04:00 PST

A very common question and a very easy solution. There was no modification
for this as Chevrolet has a small accessory for this. It is a "block"
heater that is installed in one of the freezeout plug holes and plugs into a
common outlet or extension cord. It is very effective and is installed as
standard equipment on every civilian diesel. See your local Chevrolet
dealer. There is also a unit that splices into the lower radiator hose and
both types are available from NAPA or equivelent store. The only "mod" that
the military used was a VERY EXTREMELY COMPLICATED (NOT recommended) artic
heater that involved changing out the oil pans on both the engine and tranny
and a host of many other parts to include modifying the body. Unless you
are involved with 60 below zero or colder, this wasn't the way to go!
Julian

> Concerning the 6.2 liter diesel engine in my M-1009 I have a question.
Does