Re: [MV] definitions

From: Dave Ball (vought@msn.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 20:13:13 PST

I agree with most of what you have said up to the point were you put words
in my mouth.I didn't say I am not proud of the words my son brings home from
school and I have spoke to the teachers on several occasions and I did not
say I share them with my son I am a firm believer that unless each parent
takes the time to get involved and listen to what there kids are saying and
learning and then using this to teach there kids the difference between
right and wrong those parent has flunked the test period. Our children all
go to school together and just like when you played sports the team is only
as good as the worst player same for kids at school the worst kid will have
the greatest influence it is up to the individual parent to reinforce right
from wrong and introduce solid morals and values once this is done it won't
matter what's said or done that kid can make up his own mind and ignore the
influence.
The same for each adult on this list common sense and the use of the delete
key is all that is needed we live in a country were liberty is for all that
means anyone can say as they please it is up to the listener to decide right
from wrong for them and to choose to listen or not.
Personally I use profanity but mostly when with my buddies or when working
on my trucks I have learned to watch my mouth when needed and exercise that
as needed.
I am a baby boomer and as such got my mouth washed out with soap on several
occasions back before they had a 911 to call on your parents for child
abuse.
At any given military truck swap meet at a Friday night get together there
is always someone with a dirty mouth most just ignore that person I have yet
to see anyone do more than that. Some are just sensitive to potty mouth.

Now flame away

Dave