Jeepers Jamboree

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 13:22:33 PST

I bet this is going to start a lot of discussion...

While flipping through a co-worker's off-roading mag, I found an article on the "Jeepers Jamboree" an event where mostly jeeps tough it through the Rubicon to festivities at the lake. The article documented the 50th Anniversary, and has pictures throughout the years dating back to the beginning.

I see a lot of stock military jeeps and early civilian models in these pictures. While I have never been to the Rubicon (but have done years of off-roading in other places with other 4x4s) taking my M38A1 down to this event looks like fun. My jeep is coming along nicely in the restoration. She's running strong, and I'm getting the civilian parts out. The engine, tranny & axels have been rebuild. I'm using standard (16x9?) ND tires, and I have yet to do any body work, which I'm thinking to save till after the trip.

If the stock wrangler Rubicon made this trip without any problems, would an M38A1 have any trouble? Any of you Jeep guys out there crossed the Rubicon? I would like to get a voice of experience rather than going without doing my homework first.

Aaron Horrocks
1952 M38A1