Re: [MV] Jeepers Jamboree

From: Randyb777@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 14:07:45 PST

Aaron,
I have a 1977 CJ5 that I have taken over the Rubicon several times. It has
low gears, Detroit Lockers front and rear, onboard welder and onboard air
compressor. Also the normal stuff, big tires, winch etc.
Your correct about the early pictures of the Jeepers Jamboree having a lot of
stock Jeeps. However, since you have said that you do a lot of off roading
I'm sure you will not have a hard time believing that the trail has gotten a
little harder each year. I wasn't able to make the 50th anniversary but a
good friend did and he said that the trail is the toughest he has seen it.
Art Archer at Archer Bros. Jeep Parts said the same thing.
So, with all that said, my opinion is that a stock Jeep will make it but I'm
sure you will do some damage somewhere to it. I'm restoring a M38 that will
be stock and it will stay in the garage and the CJ5 will be doing the heavy
stuff.
As said many times before "just my two cents worth."
Randy Baker
Clayton, CA