Trying to identify a trailer

From: mpop5555@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 05:58:35 PST

I recently purchased an ex US Army trailer at my local junk yard. It is German made for NATO use. Originally it had winching equipment in it. The trailer is rated for 1,800kg or about 2 tons. Tires are 7x20 and match the same bolt pattern as a Unimog. The trailer had US wiring harnesses and lighting yet other than that, the rest was German, including the VW engine that powered the winches.

If anyone has ever seen a trailer like this or can give me a bit of history, I would appreciate it. To view photos go to my website: http://www.thecolonnadehotel.com (Click on the Unimog link.)

Mike Pop
1987 Ex Bundeswehr Mercedes Unimog U1300L
1965 Winch Trailer
1994 Mitsubishi Fuso FM-HD
1991 Orange & white striped cat