Cheap 6TL batteries

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 10:16:47 PST

I noticed some Interstate 6TL batteries at the gsa auction a few weeks ago
and thought I would check with the interstate battery warehouse in town on
some new ones. A friend told me to check and see if they had any "seconds".
They did. I have noticed on here that these batteries tend to be expensive,
so I was prepared to pay $75 to $100 for even these seconds. The dude told
me the total for the two batteries was $56. $25 each and $3 for the cores.
I just put them in one of the deuces and fired it up.

Am I missing something here or are seconds that cheap? Anyone out there
have any experience with seconds? This truck is going to my father-in-law
in a few weeks so I guess time will tell if they hold up.

Happy at the moment,
Joe Trapp