Motor ID help, and does anyone want it?

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 11:45:59 PST

This 6 cylinder flat head motor came with a GPW jeep I picked up
recently. Obviously, it's not correct for the jeep, but I was hoping it
might be of military Dodge heritage. Checking the head against a WC Dodge
engine shows it's shorter and narrower than the WWII 6 cylinder. Stamped
on the driver's side front boss is "IO 26430".

Anyone know what make/year it might be? Does anyone want it?

Located in Lake Elsinore, CA. If no one is interested it will go to the
scrap bin I'm afraid, I just don't have space to keep it.

Photos can be seen at:
http://www.webworldinc.com/cdavis/6cyl.htm

Thanks,

Chris Davis