Re: [MV] M151A2 Exhaust Manifold leaking

From: Mr. Bones (mrbones@ixks.com)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 15:31:58 PST

Since I don't have a M151, I am not certain if this tip will apply, but thought
it worth sharing, just in case:

You can use sewing thread to hold gaskets onto parts like this, by threading it
through one or two of the holes of the part and gasket to maintain the proper
alignment while your other two hands are busy. This is sort of an old hillbilly
method, (yes, I am both :-)), but has worked for me many times. I have never had
any resulting leakage.

Good luck, whichever method you use, and keep 'em rolling!

T. Bones Morris