Re: [MV] What kind of antenna & base?

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 20:03:10 PST

The RT-524 may be used with the AT-912/VRC or AT-1729/VRC antenna, AB-15 or AB-558 Base with Antenna Elements. You may also use a 10 ft. whip or a stainless steel '102" CB whip'.

AT-912/VRC images and data:
"http://www.tacticomusa.com/antenna.html"
replaced by the AT-1729/VRC. usable just the same.

AT-1729/VRC images and data:
"http://www.cjcomponents.com/antprod.htm#4"
"http://www.associated-ind.com/products/as_1729_vrc.htm"
This unit requires 24vdc and a cable to hook to the RT for automatically tuning the antenna. It can be manually tuned without cable or power. The antenna is a center-fed whip.

AB-15 image and data:
"http://www.cjcomponents.com/antprod.htm#5"
"http://www.mraradio.org/mog/ant.html"
This base, with the elements indicated, does not have to be tuned. The RT524 will work well with it, although the swr will not be the best at all frequencies. The RT is so overbuilt however that it
will not care too much.

AB-558 image: ? could not find..

previously posted data:
"http://www.mil-veh.org/archives/97-09/0318.html"