....in case you decide to ship Fedex...

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 15:42:57 PST

I think the trouble with Fed-Ex parcel delivery has it's roots in the manner
in which drivers are paid - it is my understanding that the Parcel Delivery
trucks that came from the old Roadway Package delivery and were repainted
Fed-Ex do not actually work for Fed-Ex. they are independent contractors.

Thus a delivery that is out of the way does not pay enough to make
delivering package profitable so they send it back.

Where I live (town of just over 10,000) we have two Fed-Ex letter trucks and
one Parcel truck. Letters and air packages are on letter trucks - normal
packages are on package truck.

Everette