air brakes tank

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 21:08:26 PST

Our Fire Dept (I belong to) has an Air Force Refueling truck
which we use to haul water. The air tank for the air brakes is
rusted and leaking. The truck is a 1976 Dodge 800 series diesel
and is more civilian. The Tank 26 inches long and 8 inches
around, with fittings on both ends in the middle and one on end
low for draining water. I was hoping the military used a similar
size tank on M35? or something. This vehicle is loaned to us by
the DNR and I may be able to get a surplus part from them for
free, if I know a matching tank. The Manual in the truck is a civilian
owners manual with a sticker on it that says TO 36A2-5-18-11,
Consolidated Diesel Electric Company, Contract# FO9603-74-C-0456.
Couldn't see any markings on tank.

Thanks
Mike in Iowa
mleaton@netins.net