Redneck

From: candlewickjeep2@webtv.net
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 11:33:18 PST

As I send this I feel my neck getting redder by the minute. Yesterday
when I was hooking up my freshly restored M416 to my M37 to haul some
church kids in a Christmas parade, I realized with horror that I had
failed to change out the tires. When the sandblaster blasted my trailer
he primed it in the gray primer. He primed half my tires and wheels too
on each side. I left the trailer at a local tire shop to turn the tires
around on the rims. When I picked it up the tires were STILL gray.
Turns out the overspray had gotten the inside of the tire (1/2 the tire
that is) as well as the outside. So what did I do?
(again, neck's getting redder by the second!) I took the trailer home,
ran inside, got a can of Gillespie OD spray and a can of Wal Mart GLOSS
BLACK spray and went to town. I painted the outside of the tire black
and the wheel
OD. Here's the scary part. It looks great!!!.

Truly, at least in this one case, necessity was the mother of invention.

Now I'm having the urge to get that can of Sears premium exterior gloss
white and paint me some whitewalls on my Jeep Cherokee.

Merry Christmas everybody!

Mike Pilcher