cheap

From: Ted Hils - Ted's Trucks (tedhils@cyber-south.com)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 06:58:12 PST

Julian-
    You are right on! My most prolific "buyer" that I come in contact with
is still the one that asks if you have any "cheap Jeeps". Experience has
shown me that it isn't even worth the time and effort to explain that there
never were Jeeps in the crate for $50, etc., etc. I just tell him that if
he finds any, I will gladly give him $1000 apiece for them and then send
them on down the road. To date, I STILL haven't paid out any money.... darn
it. : )
    Because of an abundance of military bases in the South, there have been
a fair amount of surplus trucks released to the public through the years.
AT LEAST weekly, I hear of another case of a person that this guy knows that
knows another person that bought a complete, running (fill in
the blank.... Hummer, Jeep , 2 1/2 Ton, Tank, Halftrack, Airplane,
Helicopter, Corvette) at a Gov't auction for X amount. 9 times out of 10, I
just say, "That's a good price. I sure haven't ever got any good deals like
that. Well I gotta go back to work, now. Nice talkin to ya."
    Occasionally, when I have nothing better to do, I'll tell the guy to go
offer the buyer of the surplus $500 Humvee (or whatever) $2000 for it. Then
the guy will say "Oh, he won't take that for it.... it's worth more than
that." Then I ask the guy why he thinks I would be more stupid than the
other guy. I actually had one guy say that he thought I might have a whole
lot of them and be having problems getting rid of them. Sometimes, my
fellow rednecks aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

I hope the New Year brings everybody health, happiness, prosperity and a
Jeep in the crate for $50!
Ted

Ted Hils
Ted's Trucks 'N Stuff