Re: [MV] Military Hummers "not for sale" baloney

From: Mel Miller (nourmahal@att.net)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 17:13:07 PST

> From: "Dave Ball" <vought@msn.com>
> Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 15:46:02 -0800
> Subject: Re: [MV] Military Hummers "not for sale" baloney
>
> For those new collectors out there please do not allow this previous email
> to stop you in your search some of what is in it is true however it is not
> as bad as would be said by many........

HowdyList,

I want to second Daves hint concerning rural fire departments. Many fire
departments used Deuces to make brush fire trucks and obtained surplus
ambulances to equip search and rescue units when 4wd was necessary.
Eventually these units are retired when the cost of repair or availability
of parts becomes a problem. The vehicles then are sold or left to rot in
the weeds behind the firehouse until YOU come along and offer th make a
DONATION to the RFD fund. These finds are allways fun and often are good
deals.

The search is also a great excuse for exploring back roads and talking to
the locals about MV's in general. Enjoy!

 Mel Miller
Corpus Christi, TX
361-937-3317
M725