M-1009 Generator problem thanks

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Dec 28 2002 - 17:36:12 PST

Thank you once again to all that answered my request for help with my M-1009
generator problem. Once I had it removed I tried to turn it by hand and
found that it was frozen. The shop I took it to is operated by a gentleman
that was a motor sergeant in the Army! He knew right away what the
generator was and let me watch him rebuild it. That was a very interesting
experience to say the least. He had to replace the front of the case as the
bearings had let go and it was torn up pretty badly inside. I had smelled
burning rubber and when I examined the fan belt it was pretty well worn from
trying to move a frozen generator.

I replaced all three belts and added a new 6TL up front to match the one in
back and I'm rolling again.

BTW Interstate Batteries has all the new in the box 6TLs you will ever need
but they WILL NOT SHIP THEM! You must pick them up.

Best Regards,

Ed