Re: [MV] Recruiting Our Youth

From: Joe Scheaffer (jsinvent@charter.net)
Date: Sat Dec 28 2002 - 18:18:19 PST

Hello,
Just thought that I would throw this out there. I am 15 years old. I have saved
money that I have earned over the past couple years and bought a 1958 M274
Mechanical Mule last month to restore. I'm also have a collection of military
PRC radios and vehicle power supplies. Most of the other kids my age that I know
are not interested in any of this. When I was about 6 I started riding in the
Veterans Day parade in a V-100 and I would get mad when other kids would call it
"an Army tank" and anything under a duce including the M37 was "an Army jeep".
For a couple of years I always had to correct them. I enjoy talking with
veterans and hearing stories and learning about history from the people that
lived it. When trying to convince a friend at our local Memorial Day ceremony to
come with me to visit with some of the Iwo Jima veterans we had as guests he
wanted to go and play. I could not get him to understand that we are loosing WW2
veterans by 1000 a day and that we need to talk to them while we still have
them. I am home schooled to get a good education and not be around the liberal
attitude in government (public) school. Well, I'm starting to get off subject so
I better stop now.
Thanks,
Joe
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/mseriesmvclub/