Re: [MV] Recruiting Our Youth

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 01:13:21 PST

Point.. Although I have stopped and put out a few car fires,
I do not stop for all regular motorists unless it is an
accident because of all the hi-jackers and banditos around
here. In the 5th most dangerous U.S. city you just never
know what you will get, speaking as one who got jacked at
gun point once. Once is enough by the way. It was only a .25
cal. but it still would have hurt!

I evaluate the 'stranded motorists' carefully as I pass by.
Then I decide whether or not it is safe to make a U and
return to help. Whole families with children, person in
business suit with expensive car, and military uniformed
soldiers, have proven to be a safe bet. Two or three guys in
funny short/baggy pants, wearing backwards hat/'dew rag' or
alot of gold jewelry? well, maybe I'll call and report it
for them as the courtesy, but not stop there. Better to take
a precaution from time to time.

I suppose it depends where you are.