Re: [MV] Fifi

From: Dave Brubaker (b52d@piace.com)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 06:05:09 PST

There was absolutely no reason for the APU to be running once the aircraft
had #2 engine running! They were just in such a big hurry to taxi the thing
that they forgot to shut the darn think off! A true example of haste makes
waste.
You can't help but think that the watching of the plane burning from lawn
chairs was just a cavalier attempt of bravado for the benefit of the camera.
I would be willing to bet the whole scene would have played out differently
if they were without the media.

David & Donna Brubaker
Member MVPA #18115
M-151A2