Re: [MV] Would like to buy a T-54 or T-34

From: Barry (btuttleman@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 14:13:11 PST

you might also try Israel:
about 14 yrs ago my friends in the SF Bay area attended auctions put on
by the Israelis at their military bases; they brought back 3 containers
full of rubber tired tanks, WWII BMW motorcycles w/ the MG-34 mounts on
the original sidecars, thousands of pistols and selective-fire parts
kits, uniforms, etc; there was also a P-51 on the tarmac, fully armed,
which they tried to purchase from the base commander, who laughed at
them, and then proceeded to place an armed guard around the warbird to
make sure no one approached it.
i saw one picture of my friend standing on a tank, looking back over
ROWS, ROWS & MORE ROWS of armored vehicles - vehicles for as far as u
could see - w/ wreckers bringing more to the rear of the crowd, while
others towed off the front ones to the practice range! hundreds upon
hundreds of captured british, german (?!), soviet, etc vehicles, & out-
dated surplus american/allies units. wish i still had that photo!
so, u might want to try the IDF surplus page:
http://www.sibat.mod.gov.il/general/sitemap.htm
i'm going back to visit the page, it's been a while since i visited it;
it was fairly dead 6 months ago, but if it was me i would still contact
Sibat (ministry of defence) and check out any surplus sales/auctions.
barry
carson city, nv