Re: [MV] Sunday (Sat) morning dreaming - plus nutty

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 08:08:28 PST

Steve, your mention of the LeRoi brings to mind a fairly recent
incident concerning a fellow in SJ-MVPA. Ted stumbled across
a CCKW in regular use at a local sawmill. Lots of these mills here
in Southern NJ, and they all use antiquated equipment. Well, Ted
spotted that CCKW, stripped of it's bed and equipped with a boom,
like ten years ago, but the owner would not sell. I guess Ted finally
wore him out and he wound up selling Ted the CCKW. The kicker?
The truck was originally equipped with a LeRoi compressor and the man
still had it! Laying in the woods. Ted got it and mounted it back on the
CCKW. Cripes! It has most of the original stuff and the motor runs,
as does the CCKW.
Joe Young
Ps: More nutty stuff to come. I want to regain the use of my pool room.
A 4-1/2'x9' antique pool table that I can't use due to the room now being
a storage place for truck manuals, mostly for the M35A2. You can come
and get the whole lot for $200., or wait for me to inventory them and sell
them at $20. each. I paid $600. for one pile alone. Ask Bill Fritz. I'm
getting out of practice and need my table back. I don't shoot 8-ball or
9-ball for less than a $50. bet, so I'm losing like crazy right now :)