Re: [MV] Park Ranger equipment procurement

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 20:57:33 PST

In Iowa we have a couple options. First is the DNR (Dept. Of Natural
Resources) can get equipment
from DRMO and let an organization (in my case Fire Dept) use this equipment
for free and when
done they have to return it and the GSA holds the title for it. That's how
all the GSA Auctions have the old
M37, M38 M38a1 still for sale at public internet auction.

The other is a SASP (forget what it stands for) these are open to any
qualifying non-profit org. You
have to purchase item from them. There a certain stipulations with it.
Larger items must be held for 5 years
before eligible for sale buy organization. Smaller items like Wool Military
blankets for $5 We use for
Ambulance. Have to be held for a year, or kept track of for that long.
Schools, Boy Scouts, Citys, and
others are eligible.

Police have a different unit to go through.

I would go to GSA website and look it up.

http://apps.fss.gsa.gov/property/pmdonate.cfm

Gives locations in your state. GSA also has government vehicles for sale
that can be bought by SASP.
DNR in our area only goes to nearby bases and doesn't seem to get as much as
they used to. With all
the changes from Global Liquidators and other before them has changed the
whole system as far as
who gets what, but well worth a try.

Mike in Iowa
mleaton@netins.net