Re: [MV] Boxcar

From: Dan Bever (goin_myway@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 09:10:38 PST

Everette,
You may have already gotten the info, but if not. The
B29 known as "Boxcar" resides at the Wright Patterson
Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio. It is in very good
condition apparently because it made it's way into the
Museum early on after the war unlike the other atomic
bomb dropper "Enola Gay" which spent most of it time
outside exposed to the elements and vandels. I
understand now that the Smithonian is in the process
of restoring that plane. For those that may not know,
the museum has a few MV around including an MB jeep,
and one of those small cat type tractors (I forget
what they are called). Anyone in the area or passing
near Dayton should diffinitly check this place out and
 plan on spending the whole day. I live about 3 hrs
away and go to the museum a couple of times a year.
Later
Dan Bever
MVPA
1941 WC-27